So this is what it comes down too. After six months of actively trying to live and lead a more positive life, a mission to unlock my intuition by practicing self care, I am handling situations, a little easier. I can honestly say I am happy with where I am in life. I am more capiable of recognizing everything that I am thankful for, everyday. I am truly blessed with my babies. I'm not worrying about "the later" by taking action in "the now". I want to continue to actively work on my positive life style. I feel like in some aspects it will get easier in the next six months, but I will always work on myself as a person. I am very thankful for all the happy moments, and when looking for the good, you're really seeing the great. I've gotten better at determining what is a good habit, like eating out is really harmful for my body, and due to IBS my diet should be quite restricted. I've learned how to remove the negative, not just know I should. I enjoy focusing on the positive, and in return that has helped me to move forward. I plan on continuing on my journey of self growth and I am happy right here, right now. I hope you all are too!
(Disclaimer: I get really personal in this blog, I would love to hear all the accomplishments you all personally have worked so hard for. Remember, the journey to self discovery is one everyone must work on alone, but we can be in it together!)
Here are some different problems I've found solutions for, along my journey. Also in bold I will state how in the next six months I would like to improve even more.
1. Ever heard " When your hungry, your not yourself." (via Divas from the Snickers commercial) This statement couldn't be closer to the truth. Sometimes it can be hard to find the time to feed yourself, while remembering to feed everyone else. Babies get cranky when their hungry, and a hungry mommy can be just as cranky. So remembering to feed myself has diffidently helped.
I would like to start prepping healthy meals and snacks in advance, and really experience new foods, and get my children more involved in the cooking process.
2. Eating better, not the best. I have completely switched up my diet in the last 6 months. I care more about what I'm eating, how I eat, and when I eat. I used to eat very fast, and always eating out. Now we actually eat mostly organic foods, and I've learned about Genetically Modified Organisms, pesticides, and why choosing grass-fed meat is not only important but crucial to living a healthy less-fatigued lifestyle.
I would like to eat even better, by completely cutting dairy ( a known allergen I have) out of my diet. I also believe it would be beneficial to add more raw eating to my daily diet.
3. Having a fitness routine, is not something I have. Being active is something, I very much am however. I would like to have a self-care and a fitness plan, and follow it. By practice of yoga, meditation, and aerobic work-outs, I tend to have more energy and connect happiness with exercise now, instead of dreading being active. I look at exercise as a way to experience the whole moment. Living in the now instead of the when.
I want to have a set fitness plan, and self-care plan. I want to design a plan myself to meet my own needs, and help others discover how self-care helps aid in giving others great care.
4. Taking time to communicate with those I love. Getting how I feel out without fearing disapproval or becoming defensive. I've never been one to judge, but the feeling of being judged is always there. In my opinion, no one has the right to judge another person, for anything besides malicious behavior. Just because I chose to practice a non-judgmental lifestyle, doesn't mean everyone else sees life that way. When you truly love who you are, and are confident in who you are, someone else's judgments doesn't matter.
My goal for the next six months is to become more open to communication, by speaking up, and really finding my voice. To not use the phrases, never mind, I'm just tired (unless I am just tired), don't worry about it., and I don't care. Also, to communicate in a compassionate way that really shows how much I do care.
5. Confidence is not something I would ever have thought, I would struggle with. However, a major reason for starting this positive journey was my confidence was shot. For the first time in my life, I felt like I wasn't enough. The people I was friends with had a lot to do with that. Ultimately, I have realized, that I am responsible for the feelings I have, and it is not any of my business what people thought of me.
I want to be able to get dressed in the morning, put on my favorite make-up and feel completly comfortable in my own skin. I don't remember where I heard this saying "Don't ever let anyone dim your shine." I hear myself reminding me this when I get dressed in the morning.
6. I've let go of past relationships that were holding me back. It came to be the same routine. I let someone in, based on memories, and not remembering why I stopped talking to people who continued to bring me down. Therefore, releasing a nasty cycle of on again, off again, relationships. I'm very proud of myself for this alone. I've always been a social person, and I love helping others. I loved long relationships, more than the friendships themselves. I've had too many friends to count that, I've grown apart from, for one reason or another. Feeling hurt, and confused, I decided to work on myself. Even the new friends I made, seemed to fit the same type of friendship. I found myself able to say, I can't be around this kind of negativity, and if we can't have a positive friendship, then I still love you, but we just can't be friends.
Build more friendships, with people that actually share the same interest as I do.
7. Intuition and Empathy are two very strong personal strengths I wish to connect more with. Before anxiety was ever an issue, I was so in touch with myself and the vibes put off into the universe by others. After years of manipulative friends, and some rough life experience, my readings were all off. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't feel when someone's mood changed, or didn't have the social abilities that I once had. After these last six months, I felt my intuition come back. It felt surreal. I had a clear mind, and all of a sudden, my intuition came back. The feeling was recognizable, but I didn't realize just how noticeable to others it was. I would have to say, even my writing has benefitted from this little yet big, accomplishment.
Now that I am starting to connect with my inner goddess again, I want to embrace her, help her grow, and never stop learning every chance I get. To keep reading, and writing about what innovates me. I want to write an E-Book about something I am absolutely, authentically, enthusiastic about.
I hope the people who read this page, have learned more about themselves, and are living a happier life style because of it. This journey is one that must be done alone, but together we can keep moving forward and know that no one is alone in this world. We have all had different disasters hit home, and sometimes people can feel like they can't take it anymore. Please don't give depression control over your life, for yourself more importantly but also for those who love you . Depression can creep up on you before you even notice. Grieving is different for everyone, and depression is something that can be experienced by anyone at anytime, but if you feel like you need to talk to someone, find someone. Counseling can do wonders! I am not saying that every councilor will work for every person, but don't stop looking for the right one! =) . I am by no means a councilor or have any medical accomplishments. (If you don't count child birth) I do know it is good for everyone, to have someone to talk to. There are support groups for almost every borderline cause for depression. We can be in this together! Don't forget to smile, and just be happy! P.S. My Birthday Is in 4 Days =)
Okay, so it's been a little while since my last update. Well that would be because we moved! Let me just say, I love it! We loved our last apartment but this one is more conventional for our family. So we've been very busy the last couple weeks, to a month. The even better news is now I have internet and a better functioning computer to work on my blogs. Easter is coming! Spring is in the air and it feels amazing. My husband is back to work full time and I still work part time. I love working. Being a stay at home mom for over 3 years now it's nice to be able to bring in some bacon. Although I eat a lot of organic food, I will always love bacon. Waking up everyday with a positive mind set has brought me a long way. I'm very happy with where I am in life. It's important to love the right now, but know where you want to be. I'm exactly where I am supposed to be in my life.
I want to update you all on how well the girls are doing. Let me start off youngest to oldest. My youngest is walking, running, jumping, and a very good eater! She weighs about the same as her older sister. She wants to do everything she sees her sisters doing! It's incredible how much they learn from watching each other! Mya is talking quite a bit now. She can tell you exactly what she wants and how she wants it. I love that she can express herself in positive ways. They amaze me everyday. My oldest is almost four and I just can't believe it! Where does the time go? Officially using the potty all by herself! About time! She worked hard on her sticker chart and I'm proud to announce that she is potty trained. (They don't teach potty training in Early Childhood ED) She also loves wearing her glasses still and wears them most days. They love playing outside and with the nice weather coming I'm very excited we live right next to the park now.
We just had a recent trip to Walmart. They all got new shoes, sunglasses, and my little ponies. My oldest is in a size 8 shoe, and the other two are both in size 5. They picked out their own shoes. What an exciting trip that was. Sparkles, Colorful, Dora the explorer, and everything else! They enjoyed our little trip to the store. They had a lot of fun picking out their own sunglasses and getting ready for spring. Now, I always seem to do this. Easter is right around the corner. Yet I can't help but buy them stuff right before Easter. We always do a really big Easter. We get them all the toys, clothes, shoes, etc.. that make spring time just that much more exciting. I joke and say it's the second Christmas in my house. Well with three beautiful babies, every holiday looks like Christmas.
While we were in the store a group of elderly women came up to me just to tell me how good of a job I was doing with them. That always makes me feel really great! When an older person can recognize a good mother and father without thinking about our ages, that we are good parents. Stereo types of couples with more than one child, or having any children at a younger adult age are absolutely absurd. I can't help but think it's for a good reason. A lot of parents that are young have made that stereo type real. I never understood how a child could be neglected or abused. Growing up we didn't see that in my house. My house had a mother and father that loved me and my sister both. We were the definition of spoiled. Although, all the love and everything that came with growing up in a stable household has made me the incredible mother that I am today. As a parent you always want your children to have a better upbringing then you had. As do I. Topping the childhood I had, isn't easy. It takes a lot of work, from both of us. But together we are giving our children the best up bringing possible. We are definitely holding our standards to the highest when it comes to our children and how we raise them.
On that note, I hope y'all enjoyed my update! Have a blessed day and I will catch up some more later! Stay positive beautiful!
We Love The Babies
This page is to bring you along my journey to find positivity and harmony. Its started as a 30 day challenge to learn more about ones self and how to truly take care of yourself. To take care of others, you have to be able to take care of yourself. Instead of a 30 day challenge I'm turning this into a year of positivity and the journey we venture to find what truly matters in this world. It is important as a mother to show children positivity can be found everywhere and anywhere. It starts with right now, and right here!