So this is what it comes down too. After six months of actively trying to live and lead a more positive life, a mission to unlock my intuition by practicing self care, I am handling situations, a little easier. I can honestly say I am happy with where I am in life. I am more capiable of recognizing everything that I am thankful for, everyday. I am truly blessed with my babies. I'm not worrying about "the later" by taking action in "the now". I want to continue to actively work on my positive life style. I feel like in some aspects it will get easier in the next six months, but I will always work on myself as a person. I am very thankful for all the happy moments, and when looking for the good, you're really seeing the great. I've gotten better at determining what is a good habit, like eating out is really harmful for my body, and due to IBS my diet should be quite restricted. I've learned how to remove the negative, not just know I should. I enjoy focusing on the positive, and in return that has helped me to move forward. I plan on continuing on my journey of self growth and I am happy right here, right now. I hope you all are too!
(Disclaimer: I get really personal in this blog, I would love to hear all the accomplishments you all personally have worked so hard for. Remember, the journey to self discovery is one everyone must work on alone, but we can be in it together!)
Here are some different problems I've found solutions for, along my journey. Also in bold I will state how in the next six months I would like to improve even more.
1. Ever heard " When your hungry, your not yourself." (via Divas from the Snickers commercial) This statement couldn't be closer to the truth. Sometimes it can be hard to find the time to feed yourself, while remembering to feed everyone else. Babies get cranky when their hungry, and a hungry mommy can be just as cranky. So remembering to feed myself has diffidently helped.
I would like to start prepping healthy meals and snacks in advance, and really experience new foods, and get my children more involved in the cooking process.
2. Eating better, not the best. I have completely switched up my diet in the last 6 months. I care more about what I'm eating, how I eat, and when I eat. I used to eat very fast, and always eating out. Now we actually eat mostly organic foods, and I've learned about Genetically Modified Organisms, pesticides, and why choosing grass-fed meat is not only important but crucial to living a healthy less-fatigued lifestyle.
I would like to eat even better, by completely cutting dairy ( a known allergen I have) out of my diet. I also believe it would be beneficial to add more raw eating to my daily diet.
3. Having a fitness routine, is not something I have. Being active is something, I very much am however. I would like to have a self-care and a fitness plan, and follow it. By practice of yoga, meditation, and aerobic work-outs, I tend to have more energy and connect happiness with exercise now, instead of dreading being active. I look at exercise as a way to experience the whole moment. Living in the now instead of the when.
I want to have a set fitness plan, and self-care plan. I want to design a plan myself to meet my own needs, and help others discover how self-care helps aid in giving others great care.
4. Taking time to communicate with those I love. Getting how I feel out without fearing disapproval or becoming defensive. I've never been one to judge, but the feeling of being judged is always there. In my opinion, no one has the right to judge another person, for anything besides malicious behavior. Just because I chose to practice a non-judgmental lifestyle, doesn't mean everyone else sees life that way. When you truly love who you are, and are confident in who you are, someone else's judgments doesn't matter.
My goal for the next six months is to become more open to communication, by speaking up, and really finding my voice. To not use the phrases, never mind, I'm just tired (unless I am just tired), don't worry about it., and I don't care. Also, to communicate in a compassionate way that really shows how much I do care.
5. Confidence is not something I would ever have thought, I would struggle with. However, a major reason for starting this positive journey was my confidence was shot. For the first time in my life, I felt like I wasn't enough. The people I was friends with had a lot to do with that. Ultimately, I have realized, that I am responsible for the feelings I have, and it is not any of my business what people thought of me.
I want to be able to get dressed in the morning, put on my favorite make-up and feel completly comfortable in my own skin. I don't remember where I heard this saying "Don't ever let anyone dim your shine." I hear myself reminding me this when I get dressed in the morning.
6. I've let go of past relationships that were holding me back. It came to be the same routine. I let someone in, based on memories, and not remembering why I stopped talking to people who continued to bring me down. Therefore, releasing a nasty cycle of on again, off again, relationships. I'm very proud of myself for this alone. I've always been a social person, and I love helping others. I loved long relationships, more than the friendships themselves. I've had too many friends to count that, I've grown apart from, for one reason or another. Feeling hurt, and confused, I decided to work on myself. Even the new friends I made, seemed to fit the same type of friendship. I found myself able to say, I can't be around this kind of negativity, and if we can't have a positive friendship, then I still love you, but we just can't be friends.
Build more friendships, with people that actually share the same interest as I do.
7. Intuition and Empathy are two very strong personal strengths I wish to connect more with. Before anxiety was ever an issue, I was so in touch with myself and the vibes put off into the universe by others. After years of manipulative friends, and some rough life experience, my readings were all off. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't feel when someone's mood changed, or didn't have the social abilities that I once had. After these last six months, I felt my intuition come back. It felt surreal. I had a clear mind, and all of a sudden, my intuition came back. The feeling was recognizable, but I didn't realize just how noticeable to others it was. I would have to say, even my writing has benefitted from this little yet big, accomplishment.
Now that I am starting to connect with my inner goddess again, I want to embrace her, help her grow, and never stop learning every chance I get. To keep reading, and writing about what innovates me. I want to write an E-Book about something I am absolutely, authentically, enthusiastic about.
I hope the people who read this page, have learned more about themselves, and are living a happier life style because of it. This journey is one that must be done alone, but together we can keep moving forward and know that no one is alone in this world. We have all had different disasters hit home, and sometimes people can feel like they can't take it anymore. Please don't give depression control over your life, for yourself more importantly but also for those who love you . Depression can creep up on you before you even notice. Grieving is different for everyone, and depression is something that can be experienced by anyone at anytime, but if you feel like you need to talk to someone, find someone. Counseling can do wonders! I am not saying that every councilor will work for every person, but don't stop looking for the right one! =) . I am by no means a councilor or have any medical accomplishments. (If you don't count child birth) I do know it is good for everyone, to have someone to talk to. There are support groups for almost every borderline cause for depression. We can be in this together! Don't forget to smile, and just be happy! P.S. My Birthday Is in 4 Days =)
Coming soon I am going to be doing a review of www.honest.com and their baby products. I've heard really good things about this company. I will be ordering the trial for safe alternatives for baby wash all the way to laundry soap. I will be referring back here with my opinions on their products. If you would like to buy any products from www.honest.com
Please use my invitation link below to save 10% on purchases:
We Love The Babies
This page is to bring you along my journey to find positivity and harmony. Its started as a 30 day challenge to learn more about ones self and how to truly take care of yourself. To take care of others, you have to be able to take care of yourself. Instead of a 30 day challenge I'm turning this into a year of positivity and the journey we venture to find what truly matters in this world. It is important as a mother to show children positivity can be found everywhere and anywhere. It starts with right now, and right here!