ECOTOOLS - Earth Friendly Beauty Cellulose bath sponge.
This sponge is made of recycled plant pulp. I love this sponge because its nice and fluffy but still firm. It's made entirely out recycled plants and the packaging is made out of recycled material too. It came with a little rope to tie on for hanging. This bath sponge only cost me $1.50 at Ocean State. Amazon also sells this line of beauty products for around the same price. I look forward to trying more of their products. These would make for some amazing earth friendly Christmas Presents and I'll defiantly be ordering an array of their products to hand out for Christmas!
UPDATE: Food Babe's article on how the food industry is using cellulose as an additive in food. While cellulose may be a great way to exfoliate, I have to agree that it shouldn't be used to bulk up food with less than food ingredients. Take a look at this article please! Show her some support! Don't worry girl! You're not the only one who doesn't want to eat wood!
Dermasil Labs - Epsom Salt Lavender - Soaking Solution
The only ingredients in this product is Magnesium Sulfate, and Lavender Fragrance. They use lavender essential oils to aid in the soothing soak of epsom salt. It says to pour 2 cupful's into a warm running bath to soothe sour muscles and promote well being. I haven't been able to get my hands on any essential oils yet, but I'm looking forward to trying this.
Dr. Scholl's Mini Foot Massager
This Mini foot massager is great for one foot at a time, and comes in four different vibrant colors. I suggest trying after soaking feet in Epsom salt. This massager is about the size of a very small foot. It takes two AA batteries, and gives you're feet a hands free rub. After putting the batteries in all it takes to turn it on is to put your foot on it. The pressure from your foot turns on the device. Once your foot is on it, it will vibrate your foot. It actually has a lot of power for it's size. You have to do one foot at a time, unless there is two. I do like this product and you really don't need to use for long periods of time. Just a couple minutes on each foot rotating is great and relaxing. Give you're tired feet a break! This feels great after being on you're feet for awhile.
This year was one of the first years I was excited about my birthday, in years! It felt nice to take some time for myself and to enjoy my birthday! I went to Hampton beach with my mom, her husband, and my husband. It was so much fun! The ocean is so beautiful! We brought some cool rocks home for Emma, and her rock collection. We even bought two hermit crabs! They are really active, and seemed quite happy about their new home. I just spent quite a bit of time learning about them, because I have never had a hermit crab before.
So overall, this was the BEST birthday ever!!!!
So this is what it comes down too. After six months of actively trying to live and lead a more positive life, a mission to unlock my intuition by practicing self care, I am handling situations, a little easier. I can honestly say I am happy with where I am in life. I am more capiable of recognizing everything that I am thankful for, everyday. I am truly blessed with my babies. I'm not worrying about "the later" by taking action in "the now". I want to continue to actively work on my positive life style. I feel like in some aspects it will get easier in the next six months, but I will always work on myself as a person. I am very thankful for all the happy moments, and when looking for the good, you're really seeing the great. I've gotten better at determining what is a good habit, like eating out is really harmful for my body, and due to IBS my diet should be quite restricted. I've learned how to remove the negative, not just know I should. I enjoy focusing on the positive, and in return that has helped me to move forward. I plan on continuing on my journey of self growth and I am happy right here, right now. I hope you all are too!
(Disclaimer: I get really personal in this blog, I would love to hear all the accomplishments you all personally have worked so hard for. Remember, the journey to self discovery is one everyone must work on alone, but we can be in it together!)
Here are some different problems I've found solutions for, along my journey. Also in bold I will state how in the next six months I would like to improve even more.
1. Ever heard " When your hungry, your not yourself." (via Divas from the Snickers commercial) This statement couldn't be closer to the truth. Sometimes it can be hard to find the time to feed yourself, while remembering to feed everyone else. Babies get cranky when their hungry, and a hungry mommy can be just as cranky. So remembering to feed myself has diffidently helped.
I would like to start prepping healthy meals and snacks in advance, and really experience new foods, and get my children more involved in the cooking process.
2. Eating better, not the best. I have completely switched up my diet in the last 6 months. I care more about what I'm eating, how I eat, and when I eat. I used to eat very fast, and always eating out. Now we actually eat mostly organic foods, and I've learned about Genetically Modified Organisms, pesticides, and why choosing grass-fed meat is not only important but crucial to living a healthy less-fatigued lifestyle.
I would like to eat even better, by completely cutting dairy ( a known allergen I have) out of my diet. I also believe it would be beneficial to add more raw eating to my daily diet.
3. Having a fitness routine, is not something I have. Being active is something, I very much am however. I would like to have a self-care and a fitness plan, and follow it. By practice of yoga, meditation, and aerobic work-outs, I tend to have more energy and connect happiness with exercise now, instead of dreading being active. I look at exercise as a way to experience the whole moment. Living in the now instead of the when.
I want to have a set fitness plan, and self-care plan. I want to design a plan myself to meet my own needs, and help others discover how self-care helps aid in giving others great care.
4. Taking time to communicate with those I love. Getting how I feel out without fearing disapproval or becoming defensive. I've never been one to judge, but the feeling of being judged is always there. In my opinion, no one has the right to judge another person, for anything besides malicious behavior. Just because I chose to practice a non-judgmental lifestyle, doesn't mean everyone else sees life that way. When you truly love who you are, and are confident in who you are, someone else's judgments doesn't matter.
My goal for the next six months is to become more open to communication, by speaking up, and really finding my voice. To not use the phrases, never mind, I'm just tired (unless I am just tired), don't worry about it., and I don't care. Also, to communicate in a compassionate way that really shows how much I do care.
5. Confidence is not something I would ever have thought, I would struggle with. However, a major reason for starting this positive journey was my confidence was shot. For the first time in my life, I felt like I wasn't enough. The people I was friends with had a lot to do with that. Ultimately, I have realized, that I am responsible for the feelings I have, and it is not any of my business what people thought of me.
I want to be able to get dressed in the morning, put on my favorite make-up and feel completly comfortable in my own skin. I don't remember where I heard this saying "Don't ever let anyone dim your shine." I hear myself reminding me this when I get dressed in the morning.
6. I've let go of past relationships that were holding me back. It came to be the same routine. I let someone in, based on memories, and not remembering why I stopped talking to people who continued to bring me down. Therefore, releasing a nasty cycle of on again, off again, relationships. I'm very proud of myself for this alone. I've always been a social person, and I love helping others. I loved long relationships, more than the friendships themselves. I've had too many friends to count that, I've grown apart from, for one reason or another. Feeling hurt, and confused, I decided to work on myself. Even the new friends I made, seemed to fit the same type of friendship. I found myself able to say, I can't be around this kind of negativity, and if we can't have a positive friendship, then I still love you, but we just can't be friends.
Build more friendships, with people that actually share the same interest as I do.
7. Intuition and Empathy are two very strong personal strengths I wish to connect more with. Before anxiety was ever an issue, I was so in touch with myself and the vibes put off into the universe by others. After years of manipulative friends, and some rough life experience, my readings were all off. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't feel when someone's mood changed, or didn't have the social abilities that I once had. After these last six months, I felt my intuition come back. It felt surreal. I had a clear mind, and all of a sudden, my intuition came back. The feeling was recognizable, but I didn't realize just how noticeable to others it was. I would have to say, even my writing has benefitted from this little yet big, accomplishment.
Now that I am starting to connect with my inner goddess again, I want to embrace her, help her grow, and never stop learning every chance I get. To keep reading, and writing about what innovates me. I want to write an E-Book about something I am absolutely, authentically, enthusiastic about.
I hope the people who read this page, have learned more about themselves, and are living a happier life style because of it. This journey is one that must be done alone, but together we can keep moving forward and know that no one is alone in this world. We have all had different disasters hit home, and sometimes people can feel like they can't take it anymore. Please don't give depression control over your life, for yourself more importantly but also for those who love you . Depression can creep up on you before you even notice. Grieving is different for everyone, and depression is something that can be experienced by anyone at anytime, but if you feel like you need to talk to someone, find someone. Counseling can do wonders! I am not saying that every councilor will work for every person, but don't stop looking for the right one! =) . I am by no means a councilor or have any medical accomplishments. (If you don't count child birth) I do know it is good for everyone, to have someone to talk to. There are support groups for almost every borderline cause for depression. We can be in this together! Don't forget to smile, and just be happy! P.S. My Birthday Is in 4 Days =)
Coming soon I am going to be doing a review of www.honest.com and their baby products. I've heard really good things about this company. I will be ordering the trial for safe alternatives for baby wash all the way to laundry soap. I will be referring back here with my opinions on their products. If you would like to buy any products from www.honest.com
Please use my invitation link below to save 10% on purchases:
Watching one of the news channels the other day came "The Water Bottle Bill" and how we all might want to pay attention to this and learn what it means, before it is passed. I didn't get a chance to see the clip of this issue.
I started to wonder what could they possibly doing now. I thought well maybe their doing away with water bottles because of the plastic. Then I thought there is no way they could do that. Where would we have a trusted supply of clean filtered drinking water?
All this thinking leaded me to the conclusion, we should work together to make our natural water supply resources cleaner. It would be like having filtered tap water. After all the technology that has been discovered it would be nice to see something that could make plastic bottles obsolete. Of course people would still buy them for the convenience of on the go, grabbing a water bottle at the store while out and about.
After doing some research and asking some informed people I learned that the "Water Bottle Bill" extends not only water bottles, but sport drink bottles, and other non carbonated drink bottles, to be returned at local grocery stores. Adding an additional 5 cents at the time of purchase, to be collected when the water bottles are returned. From what I've gathered this bill has already been in place and is the reason for soda cans and beer bottles being returnable for recycling. This bill may be on the 2014 Massachusetts ballet for voting this year. Whether you vote pass or void, it's important to get your vote out there. It's even more important to know what's being agreed upon by voting.
Some big businesses such as grocery stores are complaining that they don't have sufficient space to store these bottles. With more people switching from the unhealthy choice of soda to drinking more water, this would get the bottles off the street and into our stores where food is sold. Kind of like storing trash where food is stored. This would force stores into disposing these bottles as their responsibility. A link I shared to www.mass.gov provides answers as to why this bill would be better updated. It claims that, by recycling these bottles, it will create more jobs in recycling. Massachusetts already has 14,000 jobs dedicated to recycling programs. Whether this will create more jobs, or a bigger mess to pick up, the water bottle problem, is a problem.
I've recently started collecting cans for a neighbor. As a family that doesn't drink much soda, we haven't collected much. I would like to be able to save my water bottles instead of making more waste for our environment. Also, if you live in the area and are interested, I've also started planning a clean up day. This will be an event hosted by We Love The Babies, and gather up some friends and clean up our streets. I will update more on that at a later time.
What do you think of the water bottle bill? Are you for it? Do you think it's just another way for the state to make more money on deposits? Do you think the grocery stores will be able to keep up with the new recycling laws? Comment your thoughts and opinions down below! Thank you and happy recycling!
I found a video made last year, about Iowa updating their "Bottle Water Bill"
I also read a very interesting article debating the opposing views that recycling is always the right choice.
We Love The Babies
This page is to bring you along my journey to find positivity and harmony. Its started as a 30 day challenge to learn more about ones self and how to truly take care of yourself. To take care of others, you have to be able to take care of yourself. Instead of a 30 day challenge I'm turning this into a year of positivity and the journey we venture to find what truly matters in this world. It is important as a mother to show children positivity can be found everywhere and anywhere. It starts with right now, and right here!